Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween, everyone!

How did you guys spend your Halloween weekend? :) I spent my weekend with my friends and we did some fun Halloween activities! Gnomie, A, and I carve pumpkins. This is our third year carving pumpkins and I think they improve each year...not me because my cupcake pumpkin from last year didn't look presentable (lol). This year, I decided to carve Hoho the monkey from Ni Hao, Kai-Lan...I carved it for the little ones :)

From left to right: Batman, Angry Bird, Hoho the monkey

The next day, the girlfriends and I went to the Baker's Market to check out some Halloween treats. It was my first time going to it and the website is right...it IS the "'sweetest' event in Vancouver"! There were so many samples from different vendors and they were all very delicious. I think I had a sugar rush that day :P

We ♥ Baker's Market

Decorated halloween treats

I bought some pumpkin spice mini cupcakes from Sprout Vegan Bakery.Their desserts are delicious and very light. What makes it even special about them is that they use GMO-free soy and organic ingredients.

Vegan pumpkin spice mini cupcakes

Afterwards, we went to the Dunbar Haunted House. I think this is my fourth year visiting the haunted house, but this time, they have changed to a new and bigger location! We went during the daytime just to avoid the live actors and the two+ hours line up. This year, their theme is "Barbaric British Columbia." The house was decorated with scary displays that relates to BC culture and industry. I was quite amused when there was one section decorated based on the 2011 Stanley Cup riot :S

Lumberjack and BC Hydro
Stay warm, trick-or-treaters! :) Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Blog Counter