Saturday, September 17, 2011

I'll Fold You Something Pretty

Hello! I hope everyone had an awesome summer! I have to apologize for not updating my blog :( This special post will show focus on my other hobby which is...drum roll, please...origami! haha I'm sure some of you already knew that :P

Some of the executives from the SFU Origami Club and I volunteered to teach origami. The first event was located at the Nikkei Museum & Heritage Centre. Last month, the centre hosted a Japanese culture event for a day camp. There were fun activities for the kids to do and to teach them some Japanese culture and heritage.

Nikkei Centre supports Japan earthquake and tsunami relief efforts.
Click here to read more.

The second event was at the Mackin House Museum. Today, they were celebrating Mackin House’s 102nd Birthday (Wow!) We got a brief history of the house and it was quite interesting. Click here if you want to read about it. There were many multicultural activities going on today such as henna tattooing, music and dance performances, and of course, origami folding.

Flowers!

Joseph Wu, an origami expert, was there too! It was my first time meeting him, so that was exciting :) His creations are amazing, so check out his gallery by clicking here.

Our table was located in the master bedroom of
Henry James Mackin's and his wife's! :O

I always have fun volunteering in these kinds of events. It's so rewarding when I get to share my hobby to the public. Also, I get to meet new people and learn new things! :) Anyways, I'm ending this blog post with this heart cube that I folded last month. Enjoy!

Heart Cube

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free Blog Counter